Frontdoor Jr. Software Engineer in Memphis, Tennessee
For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000 pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our customers.
What is this role about?
In this key role, our software development philosophy is that Software Engineers are product focused. As a Software Engineer L2, you will work on a specific product and understand all layers of the software stack, as well as be responsible for documentation, automated tests, and writing the code itself for problem solving for routine and basic software programs.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
You will be involved with debugging, working with algorithms, and data structures, coding, design, system performance scaling, and problem-solving while applying principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. You will be working through system performance/scaling concepts and participation in projects.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing on the job:
• Performs analysis, development, implementation and support of the business application software suite.
• Write documentation for the code to be written.
• Write automated tests for code to be written.
• Implement functionality such that automated tests successfully pass and according to coding standards.
• Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation.
• Be on-call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team.
• Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans.
• Optimize performance of existing implementations.
• Own the product or component entirely.
• Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality.
• Prioritize tasks with the scrum master that leads the team to be successful.
• Assist in testing and implementation of the next generation software solution.
• Perform ongoing maintenance and support of the current .NET/SQL application using VS2015/2017, .NET 4.5/4.7 frameworks, and assist in testing and implementation of the next generation software solution.
• Coordinate with Product Owners/SME to gather application requirements; Design, Implement and Documentation of the ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to ensure the data integrity.
• Perform in-depth data analysis, problem identification and troubleshoot the complex issues.
• Develop Restful APIs, functionality and tools using .NET; Involve in developing REST APIs and Web Services using .NET SDKs using .net Core.
• Perform Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles, patterns, Namespaces and pluggable architectures.
• Work with relational databases such as Oracle, NoSQL, PL/SQL, SQL in RDBMS.
• Write Google tags and send data for google analytic to identify trends on application usage.
• Develop the proof of concepts to resolve issues/enhance existing applications; Utilize cloud-based technologies such as Google and AWS for development; Apply different types of classification algorithms based on the data for analysis.
• Utilize simple injector for dependency injection, serilog exception handling and logging; Maintain code on Source control tools like TFS, SVN, GIT HUB, VSTS.
• Document the system flow from start to finish and provide documentation of the programming APIs.
• Deploy and maintain applications on test/UAT/production servers.
• Follow-up on blocking/open issues with Development and Business team in daily standup meetings.
• Implementation of claims based, roles-based security, token-based authorization and different types of authentication techniques like basic and OAuth authentication etc.
• Implement cross platform mobile applications using Xamarin forms.
• Research and select appropriate systems, to ensure forward compatibility of existing systems.
• Publish and deploy codes to different environments, provide production support and involve in bug tracking and fixing.
• Utilize Tools like JIRA, VSTS, Jenkins, GIT to perform services.
• Co-ordinate with the technical program manager on issues pertaining to project requirements (Software, Hardware Resources).
• Working with microservices, docker and big data
• Other similar professional duties as required.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
• 4+ years of professional development experience
• Working with CI/CD development environments
• Proficiency in Angular
• Proficiency in C# and/or any other equivalent programming experience
• Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
• Have a strong sense of ownership and adaptable to changing requirements
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as Candu Home Solutions, an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com .
Job Category: Engineering