Frontdoor Customer Service Agent in Phoenix, Arizona
For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000 pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our customers.
What is this role about?
This important role is all about ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by responding to and resolving customer questions or concerns related to their relationship with American Home Shield.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Our Customer Service Representatives work in one of our fast paced and energetic Customer Contact Centers and have the opportunity to directly interact with our valued customers every day. Inbound customer calls are most often related to topics like pricing, billing and scheduling. Customer retention is a key element, so ensuring customer satisfaction and cultivating long term relationships is also a very important role you would be playing.
Here are a few more specifics of what life is like on the job:
• Helping ensure customer satisfaction by resolving customer issues/questions related to service, billing or other matters
• Documenting customer information and call history information accurately for future reference
• Processing orders for new services requested
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of features of American Home Shield products and services, marketing promos, and special offers
• Preparing correspondence and coordinating with other functions as necessary to resolve issues
What do I need to be successful?
• Being a high school graduate/having a GED is a requirement
• Prior customer service/call center experience is highly desired, but not required
• You enjoy interacting with customers and providing great service
• You are good at solving problems and clearly explaining solutions
• You thrive in a face paced, high-volume environment
• You have strong communication skills – interpersonal and written
• You have basic computer skills including having worked with Microsoft Office products
• You can type 25+ words per minute
Why should I choose American Home Shield?
In addition to being part of a great brand with an exciting future, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the AHS Team.
• Comprehensive training, all paid by the company
• Very competitive compensation program
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• 401(k) with a company match
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
American Home Shield and Frontdoor are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
As part of our commitment to the health of our associates and the local communities we serve, we are temporarily conducting all of our interviews and training sessions virtually, and our employees are working from home over the next few months.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as Candu Home Solutions, an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com .
Job Category: Operations