Frontdoor Director of Software Engineering in Pune, India
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of 15,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unplanned breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With more than 45 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit https://www.frontdoorhome.com/ .
This is the job for you if:
You are passionate about customer experience and problem solving
Enjoy building and leading a team of engineers
Understand that quality is the most important currency
You like details and dive into the problem without any hesitation
You enjoy learning new things and are not afraid of failure
You think big and don't settle for the minimum viable
You thrive by looking at data and make decisions based on an objective lens
You welcome diversity and are comfortable being asked to explain your perspective to anyone at any level in the organization
Lead and grow a team of engineers (development and quality)
Manage software development cycle on multiple products
Work with product management to come up with delightful experiences for customers
Manage architectural roadmap and be responsible for applications and services being delivered
Manage product documentation, third party integrations
Deliver realtime metrics and monitoring dashboards
Triage production problems yourself and with your team
Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
10+ years software development experience
Strong design skills
Strong programming skills in one of the languages such as C, C++, Go, Java, Python, etc.
5+ years of people management experience in software development capacity
Strong computer science fundamentals
Strong writing skills and verbal communication
Experience developing high-traffic, high-volume services applications (e.g. 10k+ requests/sec, millions of users)
Mobile development experience
Strong cloud development experience
Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Strong expereince in Google Cloud and AWS environments
iOS and Android Application development experience
Experience managing remote teams and collaborating with teams across distributed geographies
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as Candu Home Solutions, an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com .
Job Category: Engineering