Frontdoor Assistant General Counsel - Corporate Governance and Securities in Virtual, Arizona
frontdoor, inc. (“Frontdoor”) is a newly-minted public company that traces its roots back 45 years to when American Home Shield founded the home service plan industry. Operating in all 50 states, Frontdoor serves more than two million customers through a nationwide network of more than 15,000 contractors. Frontdoor’s goal is to take the hassle out of owning a home by helping its customers protect their budgets from large, unexpected repair costs. It achieves this goal with services powered by people and enabled by technology. Today, its home warranty plans cover many of a home’s most common systems and appliances. As a BBB-accredited business and founding member of the National Home Service Contract Association (NHSCA), an industry regulatory body, Frontdoor has taken home several industry awards ranging from Best in Service by HomeWarrantyReviews.com to Most Recommended Home Warranty Provider by Women's Choice Awards.
A successful candidate will also be energized and excited by our house rules. If you identify with our house rules we would welcome the opportunity to meet you!
• Obsess over our customers’ problems - We wake up every day and obsess about how to remove the hassle out of our customers’ lives. We start with the customer and work backwards.
• Be an owner, not a renter - We own our actions, and don’t make excuses or accept them. We’re good stewards of our energy and resources. We set high standards and hold ourselves and each other accountable.
• Be transparent, build trust - Transparency builds trust, where strong teams and great ideas are born and freely shared. We treat others with respect and win together. We check egos at the door, and have no place for politics or personal agendas.
• Do great things every day - We give our best and work with integrity and purpose. We believe a diversity of people, talent and ideas makes us stronger. We’re inquisitive and innovative, never satisfied with the status quo. We solve problems, make lives better, and enjoy what we do.
Frontdoor seeks a talented, knowledgeable and self‐motivated attorney with at least 10 to 12 years of relevant legal experience to serve as Assistant General Counsel—Corporate Governance & Securities. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel of Frontdoor and will be responsible for handling a wide range of corporate and securities matters related to the growth, operation and further development of this dynamic business. This role requires a person to possess a strong corporate governance, securities and M&A background, and an analytical and detail-oriented mindset, coupled with strong communication skills.
• Assisting in Company compliance with federal and state securities laws and reporting/disclosure requirements, including Sarbanes‐Oxley and NASDAQ rules and regulations.
• Preparing and/or reviewing periodic reports, proxy statements and other filings required by the SEC and NASDAQ, including 10Ks, 10Qs, Form 4s, 10b5‐1 plans and stock‐based compensation plans.
• Advising on insider trading and Section 16 issues for directors and officers.
• Handling corporate governance matters, assisting in the preparation for board and committee meetings, and assisting with the maintenance of corporate minute books and records for all Company entities.
• Guiding mergers and acquisitions activities, including conducting due diligence, drafting and negotiating stock and asset purchase agreements and supporting integration activities.
• Supporting the legal aspects of stock and financing transactions including credit agreements, and other treasury and tax‐related matters.
• Assisting in the Company’s ESG initiatives including developing processes to collect and disclose data to investors and other stakeholders.
• Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and company policies generally applicable to the Company business.
• Providing high quality legal advice and counsel in a timely fashion to senior management in the legal and business teams.
• Working with outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate.
• Managing team members on a project basis.
• Willingness to handle other projects and matters as may be assigned from time to time.
• J.D with at least 10-12 years’ experience.
• Expertise in corporate governance for a public company, SEC, SOX, NASDAQ and other pertinent laws and regulations, preferably developed through a combination of large law firm and public corporation experience.
• Significant corporate transactions and M&A experience.
• Top academic record.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong business acumen.
• Creative problem solver with customer focus and “can do” attitude.
• Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines within a changing, fast‐paced environment.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to easily build rapport and the gain the confidence and respect of peers and senior leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to handle difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
• Good standing in a state bar with the ability to join the Tennessee bar.
• Memphis, Denver, or Phoenix preferred, but willing to consider remote for the right candidate. Must be willing to travel to business locations when safe to do so.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as AHS Proconnect , an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com (http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffrontdoorhome.com&esheet=51890761&newsitemid=20181029005803&lan=en-US&anchor=frontdoorhome.com&index=2&md5=6947c38f3b6d24b5dad0a5d08663858e) .
Job Category: Legal